Monday, August 10, 2009

There's what in that, and mini summary

Well I've work 7 shifts now and I've learned a couple things I would make somebody a pretty good housewife, I can clean and wash with the best of them, I get PLENTY of practice. Next, try making yourself look busy for 24 straight hours it's not as easy as it would seem, it may sound horrible and I don't wish anybody any pain or sickness, but if someone has a problem I sure hope it is in my district. A shift with 4 calls and a shift with 12 calls is night and day when it comes to passing the time by, a HUGE difference. There are some more I'll share later but the last one for today is the guys on my shift sure like their onions and in everything. If you know me very well you know there is one thing I do NOT like to eat especially raw, onions. I would have to say I've been fairly lucky most meals they have been cooked and as long as they are cooked down and in some casserole or big ole pot of something they don't really bother me to bad. We have had a couple meals that they were raw and one of about 3 ingredients, and as you can guess I tried to not draw any attention to myself that I was not eating and when everyone was done and gone I would stroll through the kitchen every now and then grabbing a handful of chips or something else laying around. Hopefully those nights we would get a couple late calls so I could grab some snacks at the hospital in the hospitality lounge for workers. Every shift when the guys go to the store there's one thing I can guarantee you they will buy if we already do not have any and that is a sack of about 4-6 onions.

1 comment:

  1. This is too funny! I can just see you picking around them as you try to cough and gag quietly!

    ReplyDelete