Friday, August 21, 2009

Psalms 100 (A psalm for giving thanks)

Appreciate what you have. After some of the calls I just sit and shake my head and thank my lord and savior for what he has blessed me with. After a month on shift I have come across some strange and sad reminders of just how blessed I am to have what I have surrounding me. Wonderful and supportive family all fairly close, all in Texas, besides one (stay strong my brother you still bleed Texan). Great job that I love going to because every third day is about helping different people, under different circumstances, and from different walks of life. It's almost one o clock on a Friday afternoon and I'm laying on my comfortable bed typing this in an air conditioned house, just after getting back from taking Jonah and Glory to eat at Burger King in Van Alstyne, while Keelie was getting some much needed rest. Tonight I'll be eating my homemade chicken fried steak then wash it down with some cookies and cream ice cream that I just bought, while watching the Cowboys and Rangers play. I think you get my point we take so much for granted I know I do. It's not uncommon to get calls for people just wanting to go somewhere to sleep because they don't want to go home or no home to go to, so they call us with a made up illness hoping they can stay at the hospital for the night and figure out tomorrow tomorrow. Stop some time and look around and give thanks for what you see and what you have been blessed with, not everyone is as fortunate for reason or another.

5 comments:

  1. Have I told you how proud I am? Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, son, well said. You delight my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great reminder, Justin. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know your feelings.
    And first a Texan and then an American.
    I have a Texas Flag hanging in my hotel room.

    ReplyDelete