Thursday, August 27, 2009

Extra Meaty

This morning when I got home from work, I did something I have been wanting to do for a while. Guesses anyone? It requires a smoker and alot of meat...you got it. I borrowed Bowen's smoker picked up 4 racks of ribs, a brisket, and 3 pounds of wright's thick cut peppered bacon (a must) and then it was on like donkey kong. After some last minute coaching and instructions from the man who used to have the word bacon in his email address I fired her up around 11:00 this morning and finished tonight about 8:15. After a few samplings of the ribs (half a rack) and some smoked bacon I must say and had it confirmed from the man himself...it was a huge success for a first go round. So sometime in the near future I will be getting one of these smokers that has been introduced into my life and all I can say is the pigs and cows better watch out. Now I have all the time in the world and I like to eat meat, sounds like a deadly combo to me. Oh did I mention it is also football season and my meat intake usually doubles this time of year. Let the games and the grub begin.

4 comments:

  1. Keelie and I are going to plan a play date with some kids from CCP. You can cater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait. We have needed someone in our family to be able to smoke meat for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thatta boy Fergie D! Ill be lookin to sample when I get back that way!

    ReplyDelete