Monday, May 4, 2009

Weekend in Broken Bow: Good Bad and Ugly

First, let's start off on a good note it was the weekend and I was heading up to Oklahoma to eat good food and to do some fly-fishing for trout. Friday afternoon I drove up and met Dave, Mary, and Jonah at a local restaurant in Hochatown, OK called Abendigo's (great food a little $) I highly recommend if you are ever in the neighborhood. I knew what my quest was for the night it was the chicken fried steak and fries, Dave had told me it was great. When the plate was set in front of me I knew I was going to have to step up my game to win this fight, it was hanging off the plate, smothered in cream gravy, and covered in fries. Put your tongue back in your mouth and quit drooling. So I pick up the knife and fork and I was off, mixing a few fries in between bites of the steak (real CFS not off the Sysco truck). After a few burps and seconds to gather myself every now and then I drove in the dagger and finished everything on my plate including 3 rolls with butter, while sipping on 4 glasses of sweet tea. I had won the battle, but lost the war I was miserable all night long and the next morning but it was worth it.

The Bad goes like this: what do you get when you mix rain and storms all weekend with a crowded river? You guessed it bad fishing. I'll take a bad day of fishing any day over no fishing at all. Even though we didn't have the fishing we would have liked, we still still caught a few and enjoyed fishing in the rain.

The ugly was a no brainer. I was thinking going into the weekend I'm taking Jonah with me and Keelie was staying home with Glory, awesome trade off right? I'll get the sleep and Keelie will get the night feedings sounds great. WRONG!!!! Dave and Mary had gone to bed and Jonah had already been in bed for a hour or so, when I decided to turn in about 11pm. That's when the snowball was heading down hill full steam ahead. I scooted Jonah over in bed and got in then woke up about 30 minutes later to a foot in the face, so I straighten him up and about 30 minutes later woke up to a kick in the back.......that's how the night went all night I had been woken up about 10-12 times during the time frame of 11pm to 7 am the next morning. I had been kicked in the head, back, stomach, and awfully close to other places. Night #2 wasn't much better and he woke up about 0630 that morning. I don't know what the deal was this weekend but let's just say my plan had not only backfired but blew up into unidentifiable pieces. Then to rub salt in the wound, I had talked to Keelie and she said Glory had gone to sleep Saturday night at 8pm and didn't wake up till about 6:30 Sunday morning.

What did we learn from this experience not a freaking thing, just needed to vent a little and I'm feeling better now. Who's ready to go back to Oklahoma? Even after all this my bags are packed waiting for another free weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Haha. Im loving the stories! Im sure the ones about Jonah's sleeping style arent true :) And that CFS sounds amazing!!! We must be Fergusons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Fergie D, you let me know when the next trip gets scheduled! I need a good CFS and some flyfishing ASAP

    ReplyDelete