Wednesday, April 29, 2009

1..2..3..4..5..6+

I was driving home this afternoon when I called mom not knowing what glorious occurrence was going on at the moment, and happen to ask her if it had rained any today. She said oh yea it was flooding. To most people that would not be good news, but to me that was music to my ears. You see fishing has been pretty crappy this year because the ponds are low. Nothing that 6 inches of rain won't fix, which is what I had so far today when I last checked it about 7:30pm this afternoon. Both my ponds behind the house were in very sad shape and now are overflowing into the pasture and over Mackey Rd. Kind of like my heart is overflowing with joy right now because I can get a two man boat into Dave's pond again...wait did I just say that. Anywho I'm sure you can feel my excitement right now, so let me just say "it's time to put the women and children to bed and go looking for dinner"(movie quote name the movie and you get a prize). FISH ON!

6 comments:

  1. There were several movies that I know that you can recite the entire movie. "Top Gun" and "Dumb or Dumber" are the first two that come to my mind; however, I do not think the line comes from either of these. So I guess some one else will win the prize.

    We were also excited about the rain for our tank. It is fishless, but has great possibilities. Love, M

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Program!!

    Sounds like its time to get the ole hook wet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have absolutely no idea on the movie. But loved the rain. Our ponds look great, don't they?

    Love u

    ReplyDelete
  4. GCD is the winner he has won a fishing trip when he gets back in town courtesy of Road Side Motors and Big Dave's "Pond" Shop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Justin, did you just make up a pun? Ahh! I am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoooooohoooooo!!! I gladly accept!

    ReplyDelete