Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Another First

A few weeks ago I talked about I recently started using a smoker to make ribs, bacon, ect. So this past weekend I did something else I've never done before made a homemade pot of chili. You ok MOM? Just breathe it will be alright, I don't know what's come over me to start all these new ventures I'm actually cooking a little now, crazy. Keelie was gone to Canton this weekend and I volunteered her to make a pot of chili for a mission trip fundraiser so when she was gone I needed to make it. It wasn't my recipe (Dave's), but I followed it to a T and after I had everything thing in it including the minced meat(which I had to looked up on the internet because I had no idea what minced was) and about a 5 hour soak. It was done and I have to say it was pretty good if I can say so myself. So I can safely say the odds of me making some more chili sometime in the future are looking good.

3 comments:

  1. Miracles never cease! I knew you had the right combination of parental influences and now a different vocation that someday you would be a cook. I am always ready to be a sampler of anything (but mystery meat) out of the smoker or your chili. love, M

    ReplyDelete