Saturday, February 20, 2010

TRASH PROBLEM PARTIALLY SOLVED

Do you remember the skunk story from last year? Well this is part two of Man vs Beast. Every time we sit a bag of trash out side the door or in a barrel I would wake up in the morning and have to pick it up and re sack it. Then one morning I was leaving for work at 4:45 when I one saw one of the the culprits in the garage a possum. Then two nights ago Keelie saw him run under the storage shed. Now that I knew he lived close by it was game on. So last night I made up a batch of trash he couldn't refuse, I cleaned out the fridge open containers and dumped them in. Then to top it off I set the sack out by the porch and drizzled the outside with honey. Then it was a waiting game, so I turned on the Olympics and waited for the sign, the rustling of a trash bag. So I slowly open the door stuck the barrel of the .22 out the door and then pulled the door back closed as far as it would go(didn't want to wake the kids up). Then about 8 pm last night at a distance of about 10 ft, one of my trash problems was taking care of. If for some reason you feel sorry for him give me your number and next time I have to pick up a sack full of trash scattered over the yard in 30 degree weather at 4:45 in the morning i'll give you a call. Stay tuned to an update on the other one, when I woke up this morning some more trash was out so he had an accomplice.

2 comments:

  1. Haha. Never a dull moment at the Ferguson house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ferg. You are so funny. I can see you planning and scheming.

    ReplyDelete